Our massage therapists have training in this technique and adapt their approach to meet the specific needs of the future mother. Regardless of which trimester she is in, it is the client who chooses the position for optimal comfort: side-lying or face-down with the help of specially designed support cushions.
Furthermore, Spa Ovarium has created a confidential, dynamic electronic health questionnaire. This is completed by the massage therapist and helps to provide a personalized experience for the future mother. This ensures that global health as well as specific needs are addressed.
An individualized Approach
The massage therapist specializing in prenatal massage demonstrates sensitivity towards the expectant woman as well as a profound understanding of her needs. They are tuned-in and attentive, readily adapting the massage to meet the needs of the future mother.
First Trimester Massage
In the early weeks of pregnancy, prenatal massage can help to manage the many changes in the body caused by the developing fetus. Nausea, extreme fatigue, food cravings and aversions, dizziness, cramps, headaches and mood changes are all common during the first trimester. Massage during this time of great change addresses these various physical and emotional discomforts through the touch and the sensitivity of the massage therapist.
Baby in Harmony with Mother’s Well-being
There is a vital correlation between the wellness of the baby and its mother. Essentially, the fetus is very sensitive to the expecting mother’s physical and emotional health and the two live in synergy.
Pregnancy may bring on stress, fatigue, hormonal fluctuations and physical changes. Prenatal massage can help to stimulate the release of endorphins which can induce a deep state of well-being in both the expectant mother and her baby.
Key Benefits of Prenatal Massage
- Relieves tension, pain and muscular cramps
- Improves blood as well as lymphatic circulation
- Assists in maintaining good posture
- Relieves headaches and reduces nausea
- Improves sleep quality
- Helps to ease stress and anxiety
- Promotes maternal and fetal well-being
- Soothes the skin and helps to prevent stretch marks
Key Benefits of Postnatal Massage
- Relieves muscular tension and pain caused by childbirth and breastfeeding
- Assists with sleep deprivation recovery
- Helps reduce physical and psychological postpartum symptoms (stiffness, anxiety, fatigue, etc.